CALL for Entry.
All eligible submissions will be screened by the Selection Advisory committee. The ‘Official Selections’ will be made after the screening is completed. Our Short Films Jury will screen the ‘Official Selections’ for their Jury Choice Award. Jury Choice Awards will be announced at the end of the Dhaka Independent Film Festival evening on October 26, 2019.
By submitting the form below,
- You grant Dhaka Independent Film Fest the rights to hold a screening of your film.
- You grant Dhaka Independent Film Fest the rights to use limited footage and other material from the film for the promotion of the festival.
- You confirm that you have read the Fest Rules at least thrice and agree to abide by them.
ENTRY PROCEDURES AND REGULATIONS
Please make certain that you have read, understood, and agreed to the terms as outlined below before submitting your film entry.
- Entries for the Dhaka Independent Film Fest (DIFF) are open for everyone. Participants under the legal age must submit a consent letter from their parent or guardian.
- There is no application fee.
- The Short Film can be based on any subject or concept.
- Entries can be submitted by professional or amateur filmmakers.
- The total runtime of the Short Film, including opening & closing credits, should strictly be a minimum of 3 minutes and a maximum of 20 minutes.
- Filmmakers from any country may enter, but foreign language entries must be accompanied by an English translation.
- All music rights MUST be cleared before submission to the Festival Committee.
- All content used in the short film must be either owned or licensed. If any copyrighted material is used in the film, the participant must have the permission and submit a copy to the Festival Organizers.
- The Last Date for Submissions is 15th October 2019.
- Short films must be uploaded to Google Drive, WeTransfer or other downloading platform (either open or Password Protected) and must be made available for download to the festival organizers. YouTube links are not accepted.
- Multiple entries from the same participant are accepted, but each film must be accompanied by a separate form.
- The Short film is to be submitted for initial screening and consideration preferably using a web link and
- password for the online location. Alternatively, you may use a secure download, or a DVD screening copy. The DVD will not be returned unless there is a postage-paid return envelope provided for this purpose. The DVD is not for public use. DIFF will not pay any fee for delivery of films.
- Dhaka Independent Film Fest (DIFF) reserves the rights to copy or use the material submitted by the participants in any form, online or offline, for the festival’s promotional and archival purposes. Note that your entire short film will never be shared with anyone or uploaded online without your permission. We understand that filmmakers want to keep the films private, and we will honor that.
- An “Official Selection” filmmaker, who is in attendance at the Fest, will be given two complimentary VIP passes – one for director and another for his/her guest.
- The short films that are selected for final screening will not be allowed to withdraw under any circumstances until the festival is over.
- Judges’ decision will be final and binding.
- Festival Organizers and Dhaka Independent Film Fest (DIFF) reserve the right to change / modify / alter any rule or its part or event of this competition anytime.
- Accepted formats: .mov or .mp4 (m4v)
- Recommended codecs: MJPEG, Apple ProRes, H264 (bitrate if possible) > 2MBit/s and uncompressed (very large file)
- Resolution: PAL and NTSC from HD material of 1920x1080px to Higher
- Audio: 48kHz sound PCM (only uncompressed) / MP3 / WAV / AAC (if possible > 160 kBit/s)
Contact us at +8801911249251 or [email protected]